Posted to uk.d-i-y
Paul[_46_] Paul[_46_] is offline

Default TV and Hi-Fi

pinnerite wrote:
I am not sure if this is the correct NG but here goes.
I have a vintage Techics Hi-fi system that has stood idle since the
arrival of widescreen TV, mainly because it is on the opposite side of
the room.

The TV is connected to a computer that runs Mythtv an serves as an HTPC.
It has a cheap 3-speaker pc system that is an improvement on the TV's
speaker but is in no way "good".

We plan to move and I wondered if the hi-fi system could be geared to the
TV and /or computer. I am uncertain as to the best way to connect up.

Inputs to tha ampifier are all phono sockets.

There's a whole world of connectors out there, to go from
1/8" to stereo phono. I made up a bunch of adapter cables for my
receiver/mixer, so I could combine all audio device signals
into the one unit.

https://static.bhphoto.com/images/im...70_1020436.jpg

There are also cables with one type on one end, and the
other type on the opposite end. Doing it DIY is to save
some money on the deal.

The red and the white coloration are to suit the
standard for labeling Left and Right.

Paul