Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default TV and Hi-Fi

On Tue, 27 Oct 2020 18:16:40 -0000 (UTC), pinnerite wrote:

I am not sure if this is the correct NG but here goes.
I have a vintage Techics Hi-fi system that has stood idle since the
arrival of widescreen TV, mainly because it is on the opposite side of
the room.

The TV is connected to a computer that runs Mythtv an serves as an HTPC.
It has a cheap 3-speaker pc system that is an improvement on the TV's
speaker but is in no way "good".

We plan to move and I wondered if the hi-fi system could be geared to the
TV and /or computer. I am uncertain as to the best way to connect up.

Inputs to tha ampifier are all phono sockets.

Just don't put the speakers close to the TV. I've a pair of good KEF but
wouldn't want them within a yard of the TV - but don't have room for them
anyway.
I bought a reasonable sound bar and it's agreat improvement. No point in
paying too much as I don't want a sub and going for excellent sound would be
wasted on my hearing.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away