Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TV and Hi-Fi

In article ,
pinnerite wrote:
I am not sure if this is the correct NG but here goes.
I have a vintage Techics Hi-fi system that has stood idle since the
arrival of widescreen TV, mainly because it is on the opposite side of
the room.

The TV is connected to a computer that runs Mythtv an serves as an HTPC.
It has a cheap 3-speaker pc system that is an improvement on the TV's
speaker but is in no way "good".

We plan to move and I wondered if the hi-fi system could be geared to the
TV and /or computer. I am uncertain as to the best way to connect up.

Inputs to tha ampifier are all phono sockets.

A modern TV may well not have phono outputs. It likely has a headphone
socket, but maybe an ugly way to do it. But it will have an optical sound
output - toslink. You can buy toslink to phono adaptors for not a lot. But
they are mains powered.

If you don't want to run cables between them, pass.

--
*DON'T SWEAT THE PETTY THINGS AND DON'T PET THE SWEATY THINGS.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.