Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Generator cover for running generator

In article ,
Martin Brown wrote:
On 27/10/2020 16:41, David wrote:
Just doing my winter disaster planning.

One item was to be able to run a small generator to keep the freezer
going in the event of a short power cut.

For a short powercut you really just need to keep the freezer door
closed and then put it on superfreeze for a bit when power is restored.

After the first day it is worth rigging up local power. Most power cuts
are usually shorter than that unless something goes very badly wrong.

about 6 years ago there was a cable fault in out road. An emergency
generator was brought in and coupled up to our house at about 1am. had it
for 4 days.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England