Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Generator cover for running generator

As folk seem to be being silly in parts of this thread. I am going back a
way here, but I distinctly recall the up and down vents in a generator cover
to stop the water getting in while air still did. It did deaden some of the
sound, but maybe that is going to be the issue with such devices, what lets
air in, lets sound out and you can pad the innards as much as you like, but
there is always a trade off. These generators were running lights in a
factory after it had partly burned down, so nothing very fussy on cps etc.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"David" wrote in message
Just doing my winter disaster planning.

One item was to be able to run a small generator to keep the freezer going
in the event of a short power cut.

This would have to be outside for ventilation purposes.

Would also double up for the caravan if we are ever off grid and need to
run the generator in the rain.

There are lots of generator covers on Amazon for under £20 but it is not
clear to me if they can be left over the generator whilst it is running.

Anyone have something similar which works?

Cheers

Dave R