Default Home buying dilemma

On 29 Jun 2003 19:18:30 -0700, someone wrote:

We live in New England (NE) where home prices have reached absolutely
crazy levels. We currently rent but have been actively looking for
the last 6 months. We've found a house that we both like but there
are some serious negatives about the house. I would like readers'
opinions on some of these.

There is almost no point in getting our opinions on the various things
you listed. They detract from the house, that is why it is the
cheapest in the neighborhood, that is why the price has been streadily
reduced for a year. You want the neighborhood, you want the yard, is
the rest enough of a bargain to make it worthwhile to swallow the
shortcomings. Obviously many people do not think so, as it did not
sell. If you see the value in it, buy. Never mind what I think.

-v.