Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Built in appliances and kick boards - a general comment

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
This suggest to me that any kick board which covers the base of a built in
device should be easily removable and replaceable for service access.

I wonder how many people know this; it completely passed me by!

They're normally just clipped to the legs of the cabinets, using terry
clips or similar. Then someone lays laminated flooring up to them, rather
than underneath, preventing their removal. ;-)

The trouble with "just clipped to the legs of the cabinets" is:-

You have to know they're "just clipped to the legs of the
cabinets" to be able to remove them, otherwise you spend happy
hours searching for the latest nefarious "invisible" fixings some
horrible manufacturer has invented.

Even if they are "just clipped to the legs of the cabinets" and
you know it how are you supposed to pull them off?

What is wrong with a couple of screws? You can get black screws if
light coloured ones really upset you but personally such things really
don't worry me.

--
Chris Green
ยท