Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Built in appliances and kick boards - a general comment

In article ,
David wrote:
Having struggled to remove the kick boards (it should have been easy but
extra bits had been added beyond clips) I looked at the built in washing
machine.

It looks to have a washing machine style filter which unscrews to enable
the user to recover coins, false teeth, and anything else which has been
left in pockets and gone through the wash.
[I will unearth the instruction book and check.]

On free standing washing machines this is often behind a metal flap which
folds out.

This suggest to me that any kick board which covers the base of a built in
device should be easily removable and replaceable for service access.

I wonder how many people know this; it completely passed me by!

They're normally just clipped to the legs of the cabinets, using terry
clips or similar. Then someone lays laminated flooring up to them, rather
than underneath, preventing their removal. ;-)

--
*I'm reading a book about anti-gravity. I just can't put it down.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.