Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default diy hydraulic fittings?

On 26/10/2020 08:48, T i m wrote:

I appreciate Tribology is your thing g but do you have any
experience of any diy-able fittings that can takes the sorts of
pressure you might find in such a system?

Cheers, T i m

I've never DIY'd hydraulics apart from flaring brake pipe (easy enough
with the right tools) or buying and fitting ready made commercial hoses.
In another life a colleague of mine used to recharge Citroen suspension
spheres (I'm not sure what pressure they ran at). Another poster gave a
link for DIY hose terminations that looked quite interesting. Since I
replaced my tractor with an ATV I don't have any hydraulic kit except on
the cars and vans (and I only touch those in emergencies).