Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default diy hydraulic fittings?

On Mon, 26 Oct 2020 10:29:23 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
T i m wrote:
It seems they do them fairly cheap on eBay and I'm assuming I could
use basic hydraulic fluid (less likely to take the paint off?) but I'd
need to make up some fairly high pressure adaptor hoses (25 bar)?

Is this something one can do diy and if so, do you need any special
tools for the joints etc?

Vehicle Wiring Products have a fair selection of auto hydraulic fittings,
pipe and tools.

Could be handy if I do car related stuff (and I might) so thanks.

For the moment I'm interested to consider how I might 'best' convert
whatever the fitting is that comes on the hose supplied with this pump
kit and whatever I might be trying to test.

Like, do I leave the 1/2" mal thread on there or cut it off and fit a
hydraulic quick connector of some sort (that might be more logical /
flexible. If that makes it all too expensive, the idea of screwing a
temporary fitting to the cut end of the flexi hose might be sufficient
(assuming I can get what I want in the right size in that format etc).

Cheers, T i m