Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Built in appliances and kick boards - a general comment

On Mon, 26 Oct 2020 08:36:23 +0000, Jimk wrote:

"Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)" Wrote in message:
More to the point, why do makers of said machines put the filter right
at the bottom, sometimes very close, as then you cannot get a big
enough tray under it to allow it to drain the internal plumbing without
flooding the place?
Brian

Gravity

Yes, I have to use a very very shallow baking tray, and it needs emptying
before the drain is complete. I am wondering about a 100mm solid platform
for it.

(I do this every six months after I failed to undo the cover because it
was jammed up with crud inside. I had to replace the pump, Dremel the old
cover off to see inside, but I have a spare pump now!)