Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jimk Jimk is offline

Default Built in appliances and kick boards - a general comment

David Wrote in message:
On Sun, 25 Oct 2020 18:28:11 +0000, David wrote:

Having struggled to remove the kick boards (it should have been easy but
extra bits had been added beyond clips) I looked at the built in washing
machine.

It looks to have a washing machine style filter which unscrews to enable
the user to recover coins, false teeth, and anything else which has been
left in pockets and gone through the wash.
[I will unearth the instruction book and check.]

On free standing washing machines this is often behind a metal flap
which folds out.

This suggest to me that any kick board which covers the base of a built
in device should be easily removable and replaceable for service access.

I wonder how many people know this; it completely passed me by!

Adding that there should be some sort of easy way to remove the kick board
such as a notch for a lever or a couple of small knobs to grip.

Just a simple functional way to pop the board off and on again.

Cheers

Dave R

The joys of cheap kirchens
--