Bill Seurer

Default Home buying dilemma

Arulmozhi wrote:
Is the lack of a large formal dining area abutting the kitchen a huge
issue?

In a lot of new construction they don't even bother with dining rooms
any more. No one I know who has one uses it more than a couple times a
year.

How about the lack of fireplaces?

It's an issue if you have to have a fireplace.

How about the lack of a garage? I view this as mostly a nuisance but
one that I am ready to put up with. I think this is currently priced
into the house but does the rate of price appreciation depend on the
presence/absence of a garage?

That depends on what is common where the house is. Do all the other
house have garages?

The fact that the house has been on the market for over a year with
progressive price reductions with no takers scares us a lot. Why is
this house not selling?

How old is the house? Did you have it inspected?