Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT, sort of: Printer toner

On 10/22/2020 9:51 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 10/22/2020 09:22 AM, TimR wrote:
If you need black and white I think the laser printer is the way to
go.Â* They're reasonable cost and the toner cartridges seem to last
forever in home use.

If you need color you're at the mercy of the ink jet.Â* Once the kids
were out of school and didn't need color for projects I went B&W
only.Â* Every couple years I need color and I take a thumb drive to
Staples or Office Max.Â* Probably could email it to Walmart too, I
haven't tried.

My color laser printer does as good a job as an inkjet. I believe the
colors don'''t run if the paper gets wet either.

I have an HP laser but have not even unpacked it since we moved 2 years
ago. I have an HP inkjet too. No cables as it is on wifi, crisp
printing, does both sides of the paper, makes copies, can scan to pdf or
jpg files. I can even email a print job to it. Prints a decent photo too.

I'll probably end up giving away the laser printer.