Sparks

Default Long Masonry Drill Bits

Nope, SDS is a totally different principal to a "hammer" drill. Google the
group and you'll find 101 threads about SDS and how it works etc. All I

can
say is a bought a semi-decent Bosch SDS drill a year ago and everyone I

know
has borrowed it! It puts holes in stone, concrete etc like butter and with
chisel attachments it has lifted light tarmac and put a hole through a 30"
wall, took a bit of time ;-)

There is no way I'd contemplate a hole more than a few inches deep in
stonework without SDS. Hire the kit for the first job, prob. cost about

£30,
then buy if you think you have a use long term.

Ok, thanks for the advise!

I take it an SDS Plus drill bit is not going to fit into an SDS drill such
as
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=2370793470

Sparks...