lpogoda

Default Gas vs. Electric Dryer

Pat Meadows wrote in message ...
On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 11:56:40 GMT,
wrote:

On 23 Jun 2003 23:02:52 -0700, (Eastward
Bound) wrote:

There is one other thing, I don't know if Gas lines can freeze up the
way water lines do. You can't know everything and I wish somebody
would pitch in on the matter.

In Rochester, NY, with winter months routinely experiencing long
periods of freezing temperatures, gas lines do not freeze up.

Not here in northern PA either - our climate is similar to
yours.

For that matter, I used to live in very seriously cold
country - Edmonton, Alberta, CA. Gas lines there didn't
freeze up either. Night-time temps of -30 to -40 (F or C -
take your pick, it's not much different in that range) were
common in Edmonton when we lived there.

Oh for heaven's sake. Natural gas is a mixture of compounds, (methane,
ethane, propane, isobutane, etc.). Natural gas boils at minus 263 degrees F.
Methane, the principle component of natural gas (around 94% of the total by
volume), freezes at minus 296.5 degrees F. Precise temperatures will vary
with the proportions of the various components.

Can natural gas lines freeze? Not in any climate found on Earth.