Posted to rec.woodworking
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default 4 foot LED "shop" lighting

On Tue, 20 Oct 2020 12:11:59 -0400, Jack wrote:

On 10/19/2020 9:44 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:

If you operate in a locality where government puts enough tax on it
you never recover.

No place in North America comes close to that condition. No place
outside North America that I am aware of either, as in MOST of the
world diesel is lower cost than gasoline (and lower taxed as well)

Diesel in Pgh Pa, which is in North America, costs more than gas. I
just looked on YP and diesel is around $2.85 gal and regular gas is
around $2.50.

As I said previously, fuels are often priced "per therm" - and with
deisel being 15% more energy dense by volume. that would make diesel
$2.87 per gallon to match gasoline so it is still a 2 cent per gallon
"real" advantage.