enuff

Default Long Masonry Drill Bits

"Sparks" wrote in message
.. .

"Gary" wrote in message
Sparks scribbled :
Although it is SDS, will it still fit in a normal chuck designed for
standard round drill bits?

No it won't fit in a standard chuck, for starters it wont centre so you

will
end up with a drilling circle of about 300mm by the time you get to the

end
with the wobble!
Pick up a cheap SDS drill, you won't regret it if you drill masonary

often.

OK, is there an adaptor that can be bought to change a normal drill into

SDS
Plus?

Sparks...

Nope, SDS is a totally different principal to a "hammer" drill. Google the
group and you'll find 101 threads about SDS and how it works etc. All I can
say is a bought a semi-decent Bosch SDS drill a year ago and everyone I know
has borrowed it! It puts holes in stone, concrete etc like butter and with
chisel attachments it has lifted light tarmac and put a hole through a 30"
wall, took a bit of time ;-)

There is no way I'd contemplate a hole more than a few inches deep in
stonework without SDS. Hire the kit for the first job, prob. cost about £30,
then buy if you think you have a use long term.

Tony