Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default More proof masks are ineffective

On Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 2:10:27 PM UTC-4, Bob F wrote:
On 10/18/2020 11:01 AM, Roger Oveur wrote:
On 10/18/2020 1:31 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 10/18/2020 9:26 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 10/18/2020 1:04 AM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 17 Oct 2020 21:21:00 -0400, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

On 10/17/2020 8:34 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 10/16/2020 2:53 PM, Jim Joyce wrote:
You don't really have to wear a mask in order to watch Trump on TV,
although I understand the feeling.

You don't NEED to wear a mask to live a normal life. Lot's of people
don't see any need to wear a mask, and we're fine.

Yes, you are correct.Â* Unfortunately, this is not a normal life since
there is an easily transmittable virus traveling around.

I don't wear on at home, only when there is a danger of
getting/giving a
deadly virus.Â* It can save people from getting sick at places like the
White House, supermarket or a Trump death rally.

She sounds like she's willing to kill people, just for... I don't know
what she gets out of not wearing a mask, but whatever it is, it's
enough
to make her willing to kill people.

What a moron you are.Â* There's no stopping anyone from getting sick.
Nothing YOU or anyone does by wearing a mask prevents anyone from
catching a virus.Â* The mask just makes YOU feel like you're doing
something to help other people, but you AREN'T helping other people by
wearing masks.Â* Masks don't stop anything from happening, and in fact,
wearing masks help spread the virus and masks by themselves make people
sick.

This is pure nonsense. Masks make a big difference in transmission.
That's why doctors have worn them for surgery for decades. The mask
prevents infections in the patients.

"It was mainly the use of the mask to cover the mouth and nose (and
beard) during the Manchurian plague of 1910€“11 and the influenza
pandemic of 1918€“19 that turned the face mask into a means of
protecting medical workers and patients from infectious diseases
outside of the operating room. During the 1918€“19 influenza pandemic,
wearing a mask became mandatory for police forces, medical workers,
and even residents in some US cities, although its use was often
controversial. Yet in cities like San Francisco, the decline in deaths
from influenza was partly attributed to the mandatory mask-wearing
policies. At this point, the rationale for wearing masks moved beyond
their original use in the operating theat they now also protected
the wearer against infection.
Meanwhile, masks continued to be developed in medicine. Although
medical practitioners agreed on the general function of the mask, in
the first decades of the 20th century they attempted to determine the
most efficient type of masks and there were patents on various
designs. Masks were usually made of several layers of cotton gauze,
sometimes with an additional layer of impervious material, held by a
metal frame. Their main goal was to prevent respiratory droplets from
being transmitted from and to the wearer, as Mikulicz and FlĂĽgge had
suggested for the operating theatre. Most masks were washable and the
metal parts could be sterilised and €śthus permit the use of the mask
for a long time€ť, as one US inventor explained, who had a medical mask
patented in 1919."

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...207-1/fulltext

I might wear a mask if we had a real virus threat.Â* All we have now is a
media-induced scamdemic.

Which is blowing up nationwide as we speak.

Funny how righties thing 217,000 dead is a scam.

Maybe Roger is like Christie, he needs to wind up in the ICU for a week to
realize it's real. That converted Christies. Or maybe he's even dumber
than that, like Muggles.