Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT, sort of: Printer toner

On Mon, 19 Oct 2020 15:11:17 -0400, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 17 Oct 2020 18:27:58 -0400,
wrote:

On Sat, 17 Oct 2020 14:23:01 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 10/17/2020 12:17 PM, wrote:
On 17 Oct 2020 17:38:29 GMT, KenK wrote:

I got four new Office World toner carts from Amazon for my HL-2240 Brother
printer for $32.39 yesterday! I can't understand how they can sell them so
cheaply. Hope they work! Haven't needed one yet. Toner light on but it
still is prnting OK.
Anyone tried these or other inexpensive carts?
TIA

My local computer store carries Ican as their off-brand toner -
- the ones for my Brother HL-3140CW printer are about 1/3
the cost of the Brother branded - and seem to work fine.
I don't print very much and nothing too demanding - but
I sure like this colour laser option over the previous ink-jet
printers.
John T.

I use the printer about twice a year and the cheap Lexmark ink jets
never worked. Sometimes I could fix it by cleaning the heads with
ammonia. Finally I saw a Samsung color laser on sale for $100 and
snapped it up. That was probably 10 years ago and it works when I need
it. I've never replaced the toner cartridges although I need to figure
out how to clean the drum since it ghosts the previous page.

Sounds more like a transfer corona problem but a good cleaning should
fix it

Be very careful when transfering the corona. It has about a 1% fatality
rate.

I am not sure I like the tone(r) of your sarcasm.