Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Glue gun or epoxy glue for temporary basin repair?

On 18/10/2020 13:57, Michael Chare wrote:

As a temporary measure I wish to glue a broken basin back to-gether.
Should I use an epoxy glue or buy a glue gun?

[repost - first appeared to get lost, however apologies for duplicates
if you see them!]

Set in 20 seconds, and form a strong bond that can be separated
relatively easily if required[1].

So when gluing paper / card etc or fabric to timber, you can glue and
move on very quickly.

Also massively useful in a workshop I find, for things like fixing
drawer fronts - a dab of hot melt at each end - push it into the right
place and hold for a few secs, you can now remove/open the draw and
drill / screw though without risk of the position slipping. Or just
fixing a template to something before marking or routing round it.
Same when fixing hinges on boxes - a dab of glue to allow you to
position, but then open the hinge while it stays in place so you can
mark / screw etc.

(hot paint scraper slid between parts, or freezer spay and a sharp tap)

--
Cheers,

John.