Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Glue gun or epoxy glue for temporary basin repair?

On 18/10/2020 18:04, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Michael Chare expressed precisely :
As a temporary measure I wish to glue a broken basin back to-gether.
Should I use an epoxy glue or buy a glue gun?

Epoxy, the 24 hour setting stuff. It will give you time to position it
and the 24 hour stuff produces a stronger bond.

Hot glue will cool and set up, before you have time to position broken
the parts correctly.

Its quite hard using hot glue on large bits of metal I find - they
conduct the heat away too quickly, and also are not easy surfaces to
bond to.

--
Cheers,

John.