Posted to rec.woodworking
knuttle knuttle is offline

Default Totally OT but I'm doing a great job!

On 10/18/2020 6:14 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Friday, October 16, 2020 at 10:57:55 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Fri, 16 Oct 2020 08:12:50 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:
Well, I signed up for SS and got my first check/deposit last month. Yipeeee

So I got an e-mail yesterday and, and, and....

I'm already getting a raise!!!!

Wow who has gotten a raise after their first pay check? Well actually
that happended to me with my last real job.

That happened with my first job. Started at $1.50/hr and immediately
got a raise to $1.60 because the university figured out that they,
too, were subject to minimum wage rules.

Haven't taken SS yet but soon. My boss says he wants me to come back
2 days a week, or some sort of part time after.

That happened to me only with stock options. I interviewed with a
company and we established my start date. I arrived on that date, and
two days later was told the company was sold. What a downer.

However under the terms of the sale all issued stock options would be
vested on the closing date. Mine were, so after a couple of weeks those
options were vested and I could sell them any time I wanted. Since the
old company's stocks increased I did well when I sold my options.