Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Totally OT but I'm doing a great job!

On Friday, October 16, 2020 at 10:57:55 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Fri, 16 Oct 2020 08:12:50 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:
Well, I signed up for SS and got my first check/deposit last month. Yipeeee

So I got an e-mail yesterday and, and, and....

I'm already getting a raise!!!!

Wow who has gotten a raise after their first pay check? Well actually
that happended to me with my last real job.

That happened with my first job. Started at $1.50/hr and immediately
got a raise to $1.60 because the university figured out that they,
too, were subject to minimum wage rules.

Haven't taken SS yet but soon. My boss says he wants me to come back
2 days a week, or some sort of part time after.

I don't know if you have reached your full retirement age (FRA) but if have,
you can start receiving your SS benefits without any penalty for working.

Of course, waiting until 70 YO is often the best, based on the 8% per year
increase in benefits - assuming you'll reach your break even age, of course.