Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] nothanks@aolbin.com is offline

Default Finishing Aluminium

On 16/10/2020 19:16, thescullster wrote:
Hi Guys

I am profiling a bracket shape out of 12 thk aluminium.

Got as far as the rough profile with a jig saw and a bit of chain
drilling and will dress it to shape with a file next.
The question is, how do I get a decent finish on this?
The edges will need tidying as will some scratches that were
already present in the metal surface.

Is this a job for ever increasing grit sand paper?
How do I achieve a polished finish if that isn't asking the obvious?

Thanks

Phil

Finish the edges by draw filing (file used at 90 degrees to normal use)
with a fine file