Posted to uk.d-i-y
Theo[_3_] Theo[_3_] is offline

Default Toolstation's search facility

Adrian Caspersz wrote:

Ye could argue that poor targeted search engines on supplier websites
are deliberate, so that you get tempted to buy other items when they are
"accidently" waved in front of ya face - Supermarket stylee.

Also, I say "accidently" in quotes, as they may well be using SEO
tricks, cookies and dodgy relations with unknowns - and so may know
*exactly* what they are doing, even though it's unhelpful and looks broken.

Yep, I'm pretty sure this is how Amazon works - all this 'Amazon's choice'
stuff for things that don't contain the terms you searched for, and all
being extremely dubious no-brand things that you can buy identical versions
of on Aliexpress for a third the price.

Although the infamous B&Q search facility was I think just incompetence.
It seems to have got better of late.

Theo