Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Caspersz Adrian Caspersz is offline

Default Toolstation's search facility

On 16/10/2020 16:53, Andy Burns wrote:

Murmansk wrote:

I wanted some linseed oil putty - I put "putty" in the search box
and got three pages of results,Â* more than fifty items, only one of
which (item 25Â* I think) was putty!

They need to get someone who has some idea how to code to sort their
website out

somebody already has

https://google.com/search?q=linseed+putty+site:toolstation.com

Ye could argue that poor targeted search engines on supplier websites
are deliberate, so that you get tempted to buy other items when they are
"accidently" waved in front of ya face - Supermarket stylee.

Also, I say "accidently" in quotes, as they may well be using SEO
tricks, cookies and dodgy relations with unknowns - and so may know
*exactly* what they are doing, even though it's unhelpful and looks broken.

For a while, the folks that ran Maplin's website, successfully spammed
Google. I would search for something, get guided to the Maplin site, and
then find the specific item something that they have long sold out of,
so met with "item not found".

--
Adrian C