Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default WiFi out to 800 feet

Given the price of real-estate, and the cost-of-living in Santa Cruz, given that you are apparently single, given that you are apparently not overly happy about the climate, have you ever considered relocating to a more amenable part of the country? When we moved 12 years ago (just across the township), it was akin to shedding a skin. The divestiture of unneeded *stuff* was pretty immense and very cleansing. We have been vary careful not to re-acquire since. It really does make a difference. But, a more distant move in your case may solve a number of financial, physical and logistic issues all at once.

Best of luck with it. My wife is retired, my identified date is June 30, 2022 when my major tenant ends its lease. Until then, my wife and I are busy 'feathering our nests" so that when we retired and our income drops by six figures we will have few expenses and no debt on what amounts to be two very nearly maintenance-free houses.

Take care!