Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Euro locks - key blocking

On Thu, 15 Oct 2020 10:45:46 +0100, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 09:40:53 on Thu, 15
Oct 2020, Bob Eager remarked:
On Thu, 15 Oct 2020 09:33:22 +0100, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 09:44:56
on Thu, 15 Oct 2020, Thomas Prufer
remarked:
On 14 Oct 2020 20:31:14 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

Or get a Eurolock cylinder that works even with the key in the other
side...

I see I was unclear in my upstream post: Cylinders can be bought
either way. The more expensive ones can be changed over, though this
may require knowledge and/or tools to contain tiny springybits, and/or
small precision bits to exchange. (Disassembly tends to be much easier
than assembly!)

Won't DIY work of that kind invalidate the kitemark, and thus your
home insurance?

I don't know what kind of certification a "locksmith" would need, to
maintain the kitemark status.

The 'works even with a key in' cylinders don't seem to cost much more
(or less).

But are they available at all in the higher security ratings (eg locks
that cost ~£50 each).

https://www.locksonline.co.uk/Lockso...uro-Cylinders-
with-Anti-Lockout.html