Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default DIY fire alarms.

In article ,
alan_m wrote:
On 14/10/2020 10:12, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 14 Oct 2020 09:21:55 +0100, No Name wrote:

In my case, I have 4 CO alarms, 2 heat detectors and 10 Smoke detectors
all mains powered and interlinked.

16 devices, ouch at say 7 W each 112 W. 980+ kWHr/year or best
part £150/year. 5 W each is still £100/year...

Why 7W per device? A battery powered smoke or CO2 detector alarm can
run for over a year on a single PP3 battery. BUT Possibly only a few
hours if the alarm was continually sounding. Is the specification for
you mains powered units a maximum of 7W (when in alarm mode) and much
much less in standby detect mode.

these are not CO2 detectors, if they were they'd be buzzing all day long.
They are Carbon MONOXIDE detectors.

You might, if there was a power cut, be stupid enough to bring a petrol
generator indoors.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England