Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim...[_2_] tim...[_2_] is offline

Default Euro locks - key blocking

"tim..." wrote in message

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 09:44:56 on
Thu, 15 Oct 2020, Thomas Prufer
remarked:
On 14 Oct 2020 20:31:14 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

Or get a Eurolock cylinder that works even with the key in the other
side...

I see I was unclear in my upstream post: Cylinders can be bought either
way. The more expensive ones can be changed over, though this may require
knowledge and/or tools to contain tiny springybits, and/or small
precision bits to exchange. (Disassembly tends to be much easier than
assembly!)

Won't DIY work of that kind invalidate the kitemark, and thus your home
insurance?

changing a like for like type cylinder wont

putting in a less secure cylinder might

I don't know what kind of certification a "locksmith" would need, to
maintain the kitemark status.

changing a cylinder in an open unlocked door is easily DIY-able.

subtle point

I should have said "unlock-able"