Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim...[_2_] tim...[_2_] is offline

Default Tradesman - Price markup on parts

"Jethro_uk" wrote in message
On Thu, 15 Oct 2020 07:57:11 +0100, tim... wrote:

"Jethro_uk" wrote in message
On Wed, 14 Oct 2020 14:41:27 +0100, tim... wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Jethro_uk wrote:
Funny how we are supposedly able to grade millions of students with
an "algorithm" and yet can't appear to devise an even halfway decent
search feature for online stores. By which I mean one that when you
search for (say) an SSD drive, doesn't return a shed load of SSD
holders that somehow manage to remain in the search at £4.99 when
you set the price range to £50-100 (looks at Amazon). Mysteriously
though,
you can almost always sort by colour.

eBay also has the added fun of trying to exclude China-shipped
items.

The Ebay search option is the worst I ever use. But not helped by
sellers putting 'not XXX' in their description so their product
appears in your search for XXX.

which is the exact reason for them doing it

(usually in some hidden meta data)

I've also noticed on LinkedIn a lot of MLM spivs have twigged that they
can prefix their scams with "Work from home" or "remote" to appear in
all listings.

The inablity of LinkedIn to deal with such incidents has been noted ...

but they are Working from Home jobs

No they're not. They are invitiations to join a MLM scheme of some
description.

working from hone

what part of working from home do you not understand

Made abundantly clear when you see the weasel words about
average earnings etc etc.

how could you possibly filter them out on that basis?

Because they aren't jobs.

but there are lots of dodgy working from home non-jobs that aren't MLM

tim