Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim...[_2_] tim...[_2_] is offline

Default DIY fire alarms.

"alan_m" wrote in message
On 14/10/2020 09:10, tim... wrote:

(not that I'm subject to the regs, but changes could be made to English
ones - I'm frequently being nagged into having a CO detector - one day it
will become mandatory)

But after being made compulsory how long afterwards will most of them
cease to work due to dead batteries, not being replaced at end of life,
chocked full of dust or simply removed because of too many false alarms.

which is why it's stupid

Will we all be required to pay for an annual check to certify that the
detectors are still in place and working.

Checks will simply be done as part of new occupancies, either tenants or
owner

Makes sense in the letting sector where churn can be high, but not for OOs
where it can be much lower