Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default DIY fire alarms.

On 14/10/2020 09:10, tim... wrote:

(not that I'm subject to the regs, but changes could be made to English
ones - I'm frequently being nagged into having a CO detector - one day
it will become mandatory)

But after being made compulsory how long afterwards will most of them
cease to work due to dead batteries, not being replaced at end of life,
chocked full of dust or simply removed because of too many false alarms.
Will we all be required to pay for an annual check to certify that
the detectors are still in place and working.

Why would you need a CO2 detector if ALL of your heating and cooking
needs are going to come from wind and solar?