Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.[_2_] Harry Bloomfield, Esq.[_2_] is offline

Default Stirring up controversy

williamwright explained on 15/10/2020 :
HOW I MAKE PERFECT COFFEE

Boil the kettle (because I don't watch it), then either let it cool or add
some cold.
Two heaped table spoons strength 4 ground coffee per mug of coffee in the
cafetiere. Just enough water to fill the mug or mugs. Stir. Wait no longer
than 90 seconds. Stir again, press the thingy, and pour.
50 secs for one mug at 850W in the micro. 90 secs for two mugs.
Single cream to taste. Sugar to taste (I have two teaspoonsful.) Stir well.

I use one of those gurgle, gurgle electric ones - where you put the
measured amount of water in the machine, coffee in the reusable filter
and a glass jug kept warm on the hot plate.