Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Stirring up controversy

On 15/10/2020 09:31, No Name wrote:
On 15/10/2020 04:04, williamwright wrote:
HOW I MAKE PERFECT COFFEE

Boil the kettle (because I don't watch it), then either let it cool or
add some cold.
Two heaped table spoons strength 4 ground coffee per mug of coffee in
the cafetiere. Just enough water to fill the mug or mugs. Stir. Wait no
longer than 90 seconds. Stir again, press the thingy, and pour.
50 secs for one mug at 850W in the micro. 90 secs for two mugs.
Single cream to taste. Sugar to taste (I have two teaspoonsful.) Stir well.

Bill

Coffee???? Urgh..... It actually smells like something is burning and on
fire.....

Yep - I don't know what the attraction is. Overpowering smell and bitter
taste. I find it strange that after spending a lot of money on good food
in a high-class restaurant, people then ask for coffee at the end of the
meal which completely drowns the taste of anything they ate. Something
like green tea would be much better after a meal, but do many
restaurants serve it?

Its considered to be vile in our house that the two sets of builders we
had on two seperate occasions were asking for coffee instead of tea to
our surprise (I am rather fond of "builder's" tea which is two tea bags
in a mug but without the sugar)

We explained we would happily make tea for them but we drew the line at
making coffee.

We gave them a camping table, kettle, jug of milk, mugs, teaspoons,
sugar cubes and a brand new sealed jar of *spit* coffee *spit* on a tray.

They were pointed to an outside tap which also had an outdoor socket
next to it.

So they made their own outside

I don't like coffee, but will reluctantly drink cappuccino in a cafe as
it seems to me most coffee houses can't make a reliably decent cup of
tea, and to some extent the chocolate masks the coffee taste.

We are, however, in a very small minority. C'est la vie...

--

Jeff