Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Android 7.1 nougat

Yes the Nook reader is not a very good touch screen, I feel. I'm sure I've
heard this before somewhere.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
Harry Bloomfield; "Esq." wrote in message
I have rooted my old NOOK HD+ 32Gb and installed a version of Android 7.1
Nougat on it, now I am struggling to achieve the unlock action...

I needed an Android device, to enable me to run an Android only app.

I wonder if anyone is familiar with the unlock action necessary? I am new
to Android.

When locked, it shows a tiny padlock in a circle, at the lower centre of
the screen. Tap the padlock and it suggests 'swipe upwords to unlock' - I
am finding it quite a tricky exercise to get it to then unlock, usually it
takes me several attempts, so I'm wondering if maybe I'm using the wrong
technique. What seems to work most often, is a very rapid swipe from the
bottom to the top of the touchscreen.

Perhaps it's the implementation of Android combined with the NOOK?