Posted to uk.d-i-y
No Name No Name is offline

Default DIY fire alarms.

On 14/10/2020 08:15, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
Why would I need three and why a heat alarm and a co2 alarm?
I guess it could be so if you had a family and gas central heating or gas
anything.

Luckily I do not.
I noticed that in a flat where the fire service had installed free smoke
alarms they were held to the ceiling and walls simply by self adhesive pads.
I'd have thought that rather insecure. However I copied this idea, and its
certainly stuck very weell.
Brian

In my case, I have 4 CO alarms, 2 heat detectors and 10 Smoke detectors
all mains powered and interlinked.

The two heat detectors are in kitchen and loft. The 4 CO detectors are
above gas boiler in kitchen, near to woodburner in lounge and in the
bedroom above and loft above that (proximity to chimney stack)

The smoe dets are in lounge, dining room, hall, 5 bedrooms, landing and
garage.

Its also all connected to the house alarm system as a 24 hour zone. The
house alarm cann remotely signal to me if I am out of the house.