Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim...[_2_] tim...[_2_] is offline

Default DIY fire alarms.

"Brian Gaff (Sofa)" wrote in message
Why would I need three

main living area, upstairs landing and downstairs landing, as required by
the regs, would be a typical installation.

and why a heat alarm

because the regs require it, if you have a kitchen. And who doesn't?

and a co2 alarm?

required if you have gas heating or an open fire.

I guess it could be so if you had a family

size of house is relevant factor, not size of family

and gas central heating or gas anything.

Luckily I do not.
I noticed that in a flat where the fire service had installed free smoke
alarms they were held to the ceiling and walls simply by self adhesive
pads. I'd have thought that rather insecure. However I copied this idea,
and its certainly stuck very weell.

That's' good to know

I have concrete ceilings which are a bugger to drill into

(not that I'm subject to the regs, but changes could be made to English
ones - I'm frequently being nagged into having a CO detector - one day it
will become mandatory)