Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,sci.electronics.repair,alt.internet.wireless
Arlen Holder Arlen   Holder is offline

Default WiFi out to 800 feet

On Wed, 14 Oct 2020 00:23:10 -0700, Johann Beretta wrote:

Clearly you don't do this for a living.

That is an absolutely correct assessment.

You can advise the OP better than I on potential Fresnel Zone issues, as
he's apparently asking how best to paint a LOS location 800 feet away with
the transceiver on a pole I believe.

You can run the math to explain to him how high that pole may need to be.
(We do that stuff by trial and error - but you may know the math better.)

Please advise the OP on the math so he knows how high to mount the radio.