Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default DIY fire alarms.

On 13/10/2020 21:53, wrote:
On Tuesday, 13 October 2020 21:15:11 UTC+1, ss wrote:
Can someone explain the process for the DIY part below..
This is based on using the type of alarms that you can install by
yourself without the need for an electrician for installing a hard-wired
alarm".............

2 moke alarms and a heat alarm £90.
https://www.safelincs.co.uk/ultrafir...ssentials-kit/

CO detector £16
https://www.safelincs.co.uk/slim-lin...rm-5dco-kidde/

battery powered, stick them to the wall/ceiling.

The Scottish Govt tried to "sell" me similar things for free, made by Fire Angel (which get really bad reviews in Which for a large number being faulty) but as I already have 5 smokes, 1 heat, 1 CO, all AICO, all hardwired and interlinked with a locator switch, I declined.

Owain

I should have mentioned it is the new scottish legislation that requires
all houses to be hard wired with smoke /fire alarms by Feb 2021.
I have 4 battery in my house but I dont understand this part......