Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Euro locks - key blocking

In message , at 12:41:34 on Mon, 12
Oct 2020, Chris Green remarked:
Jethro_uk wrote:
On Mon, 12 Oct 2020 11:32:34 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 12/10/2020 11:06, charles wrote:
If someone has broken in via a window, an easy=open door makes it far
easier to escape with his ill=gottten goods. Advice from our local
Police Crime Prevention Officer.

Plod is thick isn't he?

Strikes me as sound advice. Someone leaving via the front door is
invisible, whereas someone exiting via a broken window is a tad more
conspicious. Certainly it was one reason why I didn't fit thumbturns to
our doors.

Surely there aren't many houses actually left in a state where you
can't leave without 'breaking out'.

Especially as new windows fitted since ? are supposed to have
escape mechanisms [in case of fire].

I know it's recommended but in the real world does one ever actually
make a house that secure? It is also rather dangerous unless you
*always* unlock all the locked windows and doors when you return so
that escape in an emergency is easier.

--
Roland Perry