Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default Fibre.

On 12 Oct 2020 at 11:47:27 BST, "Andrew"

Considering getting full fibre instead of FTC as I have at the moment.
Does the existing phone line stay, or does the new fibre cable include
provision for a basic analogue phone?

Why ?. where you live your download speed will do everything you want.
Only houses full of teenagers are likely to benefit from full fibre,
surely ?.

I was quite surprised how my FTC connection (3MB/s wifi, 7MB/s ethernet
download) copes - Netflix super-HD 4k streams without interruption, even over
wifi. Very occasionally, when rewinding say, the resolution drops for a few
seconds.

But obviously, mileages vary, depending on, er, habits ;-)

I gather 5G is set to change all of this for possibly quite a few households,
if and when they sort out the procurement. I know a couple of families that
manage well enough on unlimited 4G and wifi tethering.

--
Cheers, Rob