Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fibre.

On 12/10/2020 11:23, Roger Hayter wrote:
On 12 Oct 2020 at 11:14:13 BST, ""Dave Plowman" News)"
wrote:

Considering getting full fibre instead of FTC as I have at the moment.
Does the existing phone line stay, or does the new fibre cable include
provision for a basic analogue phone?

Apart from a few dozen experimental exchanges, the copper stays; for the
moment.

But it may not be connected to the exchange...
That is what my engineer said.

So you can have

'Just FTTP' and organise your own backup for power fail, and VOIP. No
copper involved, although it's there.

'Our VOIP and FTTP' where you organise your own backup, but plug into
POTS socket on the fibre modem. No copper involved, although it's there.

'FTTP and POTS' as two entirely separate and independent services...
backup on POTS included as per battery at the exchange etc.

Which is what I have, currently.

windows of my apartment. (I live on the twenty-first floor.) "

Alan Sokal