Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lidl - Parkside Bench Pillar Drill

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
On 11/10/2020 11:10, polygonum_on_google wrote:
I notice that Lidl are offering a new bench pillar drill as of 15/10/2020.

Parkside Bench Pillar Drill with Electronic Speed Control
£ 149.00
https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/p/diy/park...ol/p35960?ar=5

Obviously derived from the Bosch PBD-40. (Or dreived from the same common source.)

https://www.bosch-diy.com/gb/en/p/pb...000-v100026581

I'd be interested in any opinions - either now or from anyone who buys one!

Much depends on what kind of wok you need to do - it has quite a small
capacity by the looks of it.

I have the older fixed motor speed one. It replaced a B&Q Performance
Power one which broke the trades description act as the one thing it
didn't have was power. Easy to stall on the lowest gear when using a hole
saw, etc. The Lidl one is fine power wise - a much larger induction motor.
But was smaller from chuck to bed. So made one out of the two - the pillar
being the same diameter.

It's given sterling service - especially at the low price. Only real
complaint is the on/off switch. If you don't push the off switch firmly,
it doesn't latch on.

Looking at the latest one, I'd like a review from a trusted source before
buying, since it's very different to a traditional pillar drill.

-

--
*Most people have more than the average number of legs*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.