Posted to uk.d-i-y
michael adams[_6_] michael adams[_6_] is offline

Default Lidl - Parkside Bench Pillar Drill

"polygonum_on_google" wrote in message
I notice that Lidl are offering a new bench pillar drill as of 15/10/2020.

Parkside Bench Pillar Drill with Electronic Speed Control
£ 149.00
https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/p/diy/park...ol/p35960?ar=5

Obviously derived from the Bosch PBD-40. (Or dreived from the same common source.)

https://www.bosch-diy.com/gb/en/p/pb...000-v100026581

I'd be interested in any opinions - either now or from anyone who buys one!

,....

Maybe I'm missing something but neither seem to mention the maximum throat depth

Which appears to be small as compared with more conventional drill stands.

The base is aluminium and is designed to be screwed into a bench. While the
composition of the pillar - ideally solid steel - is unknown. Inconvenient as it may be
transport/display/sales wise, sheer weight is a useful quality in stationary
power tools.

michael adams