Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Adding a room thermostat

In message , at 16:31:41 on Sat, 10 Oct
2020, "Dave Plowman (News)" remarked:
In article ,
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 11:26:22 on Sat, 10 Oct
2020, "Dave Plowman (News)" remarked:
In article ,
Roland Perry wrote:
Having had a simple thermostat on a system installed some 40 odd
years ago, I changed it to a programmable one. Very useful as most
want a higher temperature in the sitting room when relaxing at the
end of the day.

I've got a wood-burner for that!

Last thing you want is an all house stat in the same room as an
additional heat source like a wood burner.

The stat isn't in exactly the same room.

Right. So what exactly is this all house stat seeing?

The temperature in the new kitchen/diner extension.

That will simply kill the heating to the rest of the house.

And why does that matter, if we are all in the room with the log-burner?

In fact, it's actually a positive outcome.

Not much point in having central heating, then.

The central heating is manly for the early morning, when I never have
the log-burner operating.
--
Roland Perry