Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Michael Terrell Michael Terrell is offline

Default An interesting photo

On Friday, October 9, 2020 at 12:40:40 PM UTC-4, Jim Wilkins wrote:

"Michael Terrell" wrote:

I was working in a TV shop, repairing TVs after school. I started at 13..

I wish I'd found a better opportunity to study electronics in high school,
since I had to choose a science or engineering major before entering
college. The course load was such that there could be no two years to "find
yourself" before committing to a major. I took two years of AP Physics and
one of Chemistry in high school, and worked in the leather factory's
chemistry lab which was developing synthetic replacements.

I was the Teaching Assistant to the first year students, my Senior year. I also taught a night, adult education course that year. It was fun teaching old ladies to repair their household appliances. Two years later. I tested out of a three year Electronics school in the Us Army. It was a combination of EE and Broadcasting. It was convertible to the FCC First Phone, after leaving the service. I worked in CATV, Microwave, RADAR and Broadcast while on active duty. It was interesting, but those 20 hour work days my last year were killing me.