Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default An interesting photo

"Michael Terrell" wrote in message

On Thursday, October 8, 2020 at 6:37:21 AM UTC-4, Jim Wilkins wrote:

"Michael Terrell" wrote:

https://javosironworks.tumblr.com/post/145468615671

During and after high school I worked in a factory that made those leather
belts.
https://pagebelting.com/history/

I was working in a TV shop, repairing TVs after school. I started at 13.

I wish I'd found a better opportunity to study electronics in high school,
since I had to choose a science or engineering major before entering
college. The course load was such that there could be no two years to "find
yourself" before committing to a major. I took two years of AP Physics and
one of Chemistry in high school, and worked in the leather factory's
chemistry lab which was developing synthetic replacements.