Posted to uk.d-i-y
williamwright williamwright is offline

Default Fixing through tiles.

A fixing into a plastered brick wall through tiles.

Most of the fixings went well - wall plugs pushed through the tiles into
the brick. But one obviously hit the soft old mortar, and won't tighten.

Anything that could be squirted through the hole to give a decent fixing?
Or any other ideas? I'm already at the limit of the longest screws I can
find in that diameter.

If you have a large syringe a two part epoxy would do it. I should warm
it a bit first so it's runny, and be prepared to squirt in a lot more
than you'd think. As preparation you could drill through the hole
slightly diagonally to make a bigger cavity. You could enlarge the hole
through the tile with a little round file if necessary. Put gaffer tape
over the hole to keep the resin in.

Bill